Study of composing under Bojidar Dimov (Robert Schumann Conservatory, Düsseldorf) and Prof. Manfred Trojahn and Wilfried Maria Danner (Cologne)
Master courses under Wolfgang Rihm and Henri Dutilleux, Paris
Attendance at the Darmstadt Holiday Courses for New Music
Study of the piano under Prof. Andreas Maier Herrmann (Conservatory, Frankfurt a. M.) and in the master class of Prof. Oleg Maisenberg (Conservatory, Stuttgart)
Master courses under Pierre-Laurant Aimard (Cologne), Pi-Hsien Chen (Buckower Music Workshop) and Vitali Margoulis (Freiburg Piano Courses).
Compositions for solo instruments with or without orchestras, for orchestras alone, for chamber ensembles, for the stage and with live electronics and tapes.
Piano soloist and chamber musician.
Performances at festivals such as the following:
* Aachener Kultursommer/Aachen Cultural Summer (1995)
* Acceuil Musicale/Musical Welcome, Paris, (1996, 1997)
* BKA unerhörte Musik/Unheard-of Music (2007)
* Con Fuoco concert series, Zürich-Enge (1995)
* Concours Henri Dutilleux/Henri Dutilleux Competition, St. Pierre des Corps (2008)
* Euregio Musiktage, Portraitkonzert/Euregio Music Days, Portrait Concert (1999)
* Euriade Festival, (2000, 2001)
* Festival of the Edna Millay Foundation New York-Austerlitz (2004)
* Festival of St. Julien, Languedoc (1999)
* Freiburg, Konzert der Innenhöfe/Concert of the Courtyards (2004)
* Ibero-American Festival, Havana, In Front Festival (2001)
* Intersonanzenfestival/Intersonances Festival in Brandenburg, Potsdam (2008)
* Introfestival Maastricht, NL (1999)
* Literaturm Festival Frankfurt (2004)
* Musicloft, Cologne
* Ningbo Art Festival in the south of China (2000)
* East Belgium Festival (2003)
* Ploiesti, Bukarest – concert tour with a Rumanian symphony orchestra (1999)
* Prague Spring (Prague 2009)
* Rathauskonzerte/Town Hall Concerts, Potsdam (2007)
* Zepernicker Randspiele/Zepernick Fringe Performances (2009)
Television appearances on WDR (1995, 1996) and in the south of China.
Compositions commissioned for
the Opera of the City of Frankfurt, the Aachen Symphony Orchestra, the Euriade Festival, the television stations BR, HR, WDR, the Hasenclever Literature Society, the RWTH's Institute for Water in Residential Areas, the Peter and Irene Ludwig Foundation and the East Belgium Festival and so on.
* Correspondance (improvisations with an organ and piano)
Andreas Staffel, piano, and C. M. Frommen, organ, (Aeolusmusic) 1995
* Andreas Staffel, Portrait CD (piano solo) (Aeolusmusic) 1996
* Nachtstücke/Nocturnes (Aeolusmusic, Düsseldorf) 1999
* Wassermusik/Water Music (Undamaris, Düsseldorf) 2001
* Chamber Music 2004
Work together with the writer Marlene Streeruwitz, the Convergence Ensemble (Prague), the duo Bögeholz Mosalini (on tour with his composition 'Dando Vueltas'), the Correspondance Ensemble, the Aachen Symphony Orchestra and the Ensemble Junge Musik/Young Music Ensemble, Berlin.
Creation and management of the Anthemion Ensemble (Berlin).
Minguet Quartet (Magdeburg Master Course),
Soloists of the Tours Symphony Orchestra.
Performances conducted by Marcus R. Bosch, J. Hulin, P. Sbarcea, W. Trommer and Helmut Zapf.
Literary-musical projects with the reciter Walter Liedtke (WDR3), Pedro Obiera, Karl Walter Sprungala (launching of the concert series 'Soirée musicale') and Prof. Dr. W. Berges.
Work together with the video artist Kai Gussek (music for the film "Water").
Andreas Staffel is a fellow of the art house Lukas and of the Millay Foundation in New York, an award-winner of the Edward C. Cone Foundation in New Jersey and a finalist of several international competitions for composers.
He has taught as a guest at the conservatories in Tiansing and Hangzouh in China, the academy of Schloss Rheinsberg, the academy Ohrpheo in Berlin and the Johann-Sebastian-Bach School of Music in Potsdam