Matthew Shlomowitz (b. 1975) is a composer of concert music and performance pieces. Raised in Adelaide, Australia, he now lives in London where he lectures at the Royal College of Music and Syracuse University London Program.
He studied at the Sydney Conservatorium with Bozidar Kos, privately with Michael Finnissy, and at Stanford University where Brian Ferneyhough supervised his doctorate.
He has composed works for groups such as asamisimasa, Apsara, Champ D’Action, ELISION, Ensemble Offspring, EXAUDI, Ives Ensemble, Quatuor Diotima, Ricciotti Ensemble, and soloists such as Mark Knoop and Stephane Ginsburgh.
Matthew has an ongoing series of duos for visual performer and musician called Letter Pieces, and has formed the Letter Piece Company with dancer Shila Anaraki, recorder player Tomma Wessel, guitarist Tom Pauwels and keyboardist Mark Knoop.
* Co-founded and co-directs the Anglo/Belgian new music ensemble Plus Minus
* Co-directs the Chisenhale Art Club, a monthly event series combining music, dance and live art
* Co-founded and co-directed (2005–2008) the inter-art performance series Rational Rec
* Member of Inter Inter Inter, a group creating events mixing performance and audience activity
* Programme Collaborator for the 2009 and 2010 Borealis Festival in Bergen, Norway.